Thursday, September 02, 2004

A Quick Thank You


From the Editor's Desk:

I would like to take a moment to thank the dedicated and support staff that helps contribute to the stories and news items featured in the Khronicle. I also wish to extend my heartfelt appreciation to, you, the reader. Much as I would like to be able to thank each and every one of you personally, that's just not possible with my busy schedule. So, turn down the lights, just put on some Marvin Gaye or Barry White, light some vanilla scented candles, get really comfortable and treat yourself right. You deserve it.

And I would like to thank future former president Dubya Bush for all the laughs he's helped provide us with over the last four years. It reminds me of Nero as he watched Rome burn to the ground. I think history will agree with me. He was emotionally unstable, capricious and scandalous. Ironically, his troubled reign proved the strength of the Roman Empire. Nero was the last descendant of Caesar to inherit the throne. Unfortunately, the demented ruler inherited little else from his illustrious forefather. BIOGRAPHY. tells the twisted tale of this infamous figure. Hear ancient accounts of how he was responsible for the fire that destroyed most of Rome. Modern scholars, however, reveal how this accusation while fitting Nero's character is likely untrue, and suggest that his mistress who he later married may have been responsible for many of his legendary excesses. Discover how he scandalized the army and aristocracy by appearing in plays, and explore his bizarre relationship with his mother, whom he eventually had killed. Filled with dramatic re-enactments and stunning ancient art and artifacts, this is the extraordinary story of the ruler who saw Rome literally burn to the ground. From his ascension to the throne at age 17 to his suicide, Nero proved the strength of the Roman Empire by his inability to destroy it! Sounds Oddly Familiar? I also like the parallel between the two rulers because fortunately Rome recovered. If I were Barbara Bush I wouldn't wear anything slinky or revealing around Georgie Jr.

Because....
He might go Nero and try and tap that sweet ass.
.............................................
Oh,
Goodness!
Noooooo!!
\
Georgie!...

No comments: