Saturday, December 18, 2004

Word Junkie Gets His Fix

I am a word junkie. I love when somebody uses just the right word at just the right moment that perfectly describes the nearly indescribable. If words had a band and traveled around playing music I would be in my Volkswagen Bus following them around the country, and constantly trying to get backstage to try and rip off a piece of their sweaty clothes. There are some words that I have used and supported over the years who have never been fully appreciated. Take a gander at word # 10 on Webster on-line most searched list.

Based on your online lookups, the #1 Word of the Year for 2004 was

Blog noun [short for Weblog] (1999) : a Web site that contains an online personal journal with reflections, comments, and often hyperlinks provided by the writerClick on each of the other words in the Top Ten List for their definitions in the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary:

2. incumbent 3. electoral 4. insurgent 5. hurricane 6. cicada 7. peloton : noun (1951) : the main body of riders in a bicycle race 8. partisan 9. sovereignty 10. defenestration

I am so oddly delighted that defenestration made the list. I feel like a proud dad who has just seen his son kick the game-winning goal. Look out all you jizzwiches 'cause 2005 is gonna be the year of the fustigation. Fustigation is gonna fustigate all you sorry-ass muther-fuckers words.

Do you have a favorite word that you'd like to share with the Khronicle readers? Yeah, that's what I figured. If not then just vote for your favorite Lesbian make-out photo.

7 comments:

Fluffy said...

i only recently learned this word but "jizzwiches" makes my top 10. My all time favourite is "sluice".

la nadine said...

the word 'oligarchy' makes me seven kinds of tingly.

Desci said...

For some unknown reason, I get sexually excited by the spelling of the word 'Pachyderm' *tingleshudder*

Exacerbate is a good one, too. I heart any 'bate' words.

Anonymous said...

'flench'. such a juicy word.

Leif

Anonymous said...

That is a bit unsettling but I feel that hurricane should probably be a word that anybody who owns a TV or radio or has ever left their house should know.

(Somewhere in South Georgia)

Son: "Pa, the news man on the tee-vee said we's gonna git a hurricane."

Pa: "Damn, boy you'd best be logging onto the Internet, soing we's can know if'n that's a good thing or a bad thing."

Buck Fudd said...

I'm always excited by an opportunity to use the word "eruction".

And for some reason I find it hilarious whenever someone says "trouser" or "pant".

kranki said...

I like insulting somebody and their not knowing it.