Sunday, December 05, 2004

outsourcing

I was reading this article today, about new mannequins that sweat. I know, I know, it's in very poor taste. I was always taught that a real lady never lets anyone see her sweat.

But sweating on the job is not nearly as distasteful as companies who are outsourcing at every turn. Imagine having your job taken over by humans! This is called progress? Apparently, the phenomenon of live modeling is gaining in popularity. It was even featured as a challenge on America's Next Top Model a few weeks ago. I for one am very concerned about this growing trend. I'm thinking about starting an activist group dedicated to supporting real models who deserve to keep their jobs. I'll keep you posted as I figure it out.

On a lighter note, please check out my new favorite band! They rock!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think Matilda is expressing her mannequin pride.