Sunday, August 21, 2005

My Brain Hurts

In case you're not familiar with the term "flipping", I 'll tell you that it refers to that state that you can reach where you are so stoned that you begin to flip-flop between thinking everytyhing is perfect the way it is to feeling that anythin and everything that is going on around you at that moment is wrong and utterly obnoxious and wrong. Hollywood Boulevard at Midnight is not the best place for this flipping to occurr. The place is strange enough in the day time to freak me out. At night when it's lit up and bustling (by LA standars) with beggars, junkies, the mentally ill (er than myself), pedestrians and tranny prostitutes, fat prostitutes and of course the rare fat junkie tranny prostitute who's begging to suck you off for a crumpled up twenty. Or maybe it's more than $20 now. It's been a while.*


I would also like to register a complaint that people drive around in their cars for no reason. I have to breathe extra carbon dioxide into my lungs because you and Roland, and Tony D. and Jesus and Big Leon can't find any place that you can go without feeling like total losers so you just drive around until trouble finds you. I am all over the place you'd think that I had been smoking refer or something like that. Well let me assure you good people that it was very very strong pot. I don't usually write while I'm wasted as I'm sure the lack of proper spelling and punctuation with attest to. Actually it doesn't look like I've spelled anything wrong so far, but maybe I'm not it the best state to judge. I am all over the place with my "thoughts." Oh now I remmeber what I was going to say. I was at our friend Barry's house which is where the narcotification took place in the first place. I wasn't going to go down that road tonigh but there were video games present. In my younger days I used to be a serious vidoe game enthusiast. I had the game and would master it to the point where the computer was nothing close to a challenge. Those day are gone. I remember the first Atari with Pong and Combat and Pacman and there was a joystick and one button. 20 years later The controller not only has a more than one button on it, but you are also expected to be able to operate the other four buttons X A B Y on the right side, the black and white button below it. There is are also two mini thumb joysticks that often need to be operated independently. Then there is a d pad (directional pad) that you can use as an option. On top of that there are two separate triggers that affect anything that you do with the buttons. DO you realize how many variables that makes and how many combinations of moves and buttions and coordinated motion that is required to play something like that? Next they will have mouth operated add ons to your controler and a specil pressure pad that is operated with your rectal muscles. I am scared that I can no longer do what it takes to just sit down and play a video game at a friends house. You now must be a trained expert to even begin to know what the hell you are doing in even the simplest of games. On top of that there is a feature that makes your controller rumble and vibrate when your guy is tackled or your car crashes or your rapper is hit in the head with a pipe or your force shields have sustained damage or you fall off your snowboard or your submarine is hit with a torpedo.

I feel like an old man who doesn't understand how any of these "newfangled" "whoseawhuts" work. I'm scared. Hold me.

Thanks for reading whatever I wrote just now and I will try not to let this kind of wandering meandering tangential writing stream of consciousness writting happen again. It's irresponsible to blog under the influence.

The games that I miss are Joust, Pitfall, Frogger Donkey Kong and the other one. You know with all the flying things and the shooting. And Medal of Honor is still pretty sweet. I am not permitted to have one in the house because I used to have a problem with video game obsession. But now the problem has essentially been solved since I couldn't even play the game if I wanted to. I am feeling more like Grumpy Old Man and less like Krankiboy. The effects of this evening are wearing off and I am wearing out. Yes there probalby are lotta spleing errors.

* I have never made use of the services of a prostitute of any type and it's very likely that I never will. Is it still wrong if you barter and exchange sexual favors for helping to bury the body of oh, let's say for instance.... a police officer.


Profeshional Diagram

5 comments:

Fluffy said...

I'd just like to say that I read this post before it was deleted.

kranki said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kranki said...

I am not proud of myself right now. I can't believe I missed all those errors.

Me am feel stupid. Make bad writing i did.

Melba said...

i want to get my brother a table-top galaga machine for his 40th so he can relive his youth without having to go outside his house

kranki, did you commit crimes against spelling or grammar?

Cape Man said...

Kranki,
I have an affliction where I can't stop gaming.

http://ferraricapeman.blogspot.com/2005/08/life-of-technologist.html