Tuesday, August 24, 2004

What's Your Blog Nightmare?


What's the word I'm looking for here. Oops! No... I believe that stunned silence is all I can muster up. Why? Mmm... Okay.... Yeah, so, I must have accidentally sent out an email with some link to my blog on it by mistake. Because my MOM is reading this blog! I just found this out. Look at the email I got from my mom below. I kept all the embarrassing stuff. This is definitely one of those blogs where you must laugh at me and my squirmy pain. That's my plan anyway. Also, note how she refers to my blog. I'm going to take a deep breath and absorb this new information. Didn't plan on mom reading the blog. It's the literary version of having mom walk in while you're jerking off, which fortunately has never happened to me... yet.

Dear Krankiboy,
I am very happy too see your grades from this semester. You are tops with five A's! Now I am glad that you have some time off to enjoy this summer too.
The vacation I had was good. I am going to see if there is a fitness place open on Church Street here so I can continue with the tred mill for exercise. It was good to work out on it every day in Rockaway.
Yiayia* could not take the killing scenes in Fahrenheit 911.

Why don't you give her a call sometime and talk to her yourself?She goes to the gym or pool four days a week in the mornings and gets back sometime early in the afternoon. Sometimes she naps in the day and she works on 1000 piece jigsaw puzzles and in the garden. When I was there we put together Boticelli's "Birth of Venus"
I read the Krankiboy Khronicles, mostly late nite drivel, though somewhat revealing and entertaiing att the same time.


* Yia yia is Greek for grandmother. I also know how to say, stop, milk, come here, thank you and watermelon.

1) For the record. I do call my grandmother.

2) Also the A grades she refers to are a result of my ability to shoot my mouth off in class and skillfully kiss professorial ass. I bought one book for 5 graduate classes last semester and let's just say it doesn't have any dog-eared pages.

3) Grandma and mom working on a 1000 piece Boticelli puzzle. That's a Kodak moment.

4) You have to love how mom calls it like she sees it. When I write my first novel I'm going to have her "rave review" on the back cover.

Krankiboy serves up a fresh and fierce first novel. A gem in the rough.
-- Chicago Tribune

A dazzling and unabashed stab at anything within sight. As funny as it is angry!
--The New York Times Book Review

Krankiboy's first novel fires, hits it's target, and then goes back to kick it in the face.
--The Los Angeles Times

A marvelous first effort. The characters are loathsome, lovable and ready to walk off the page and spit on you.
--Newsweek

"Mostly late night drivel, though somewhat revealing and entertaining at the same time." --The Author's Mother


Oh, and mom if you're reading this, which apparently you are. This is really more of a fictional, fantasy type of blog. It's a sizeable staff of writers here at the Krankiboy Khronicles, I'm just one small cog in the big crazy wheel. The editor usually has all the say in what makes it on-line.

Comments? Moral support? Painkillers? Gimme something.

4 comments:

BEVIS said...

It's true, Kranki-Mom* - your son has very little say on what eventually makes its way onto the website.

His opinions on such matters as humour, intelligence, politics, sex, breathing, life, tuna and purple are questionable at best. As is the above list of random examples. If we left it up to him alone, this site would be utter crap, instead of the somewhat revealing and entertaining late night drivel you so eloquently and aptly described it as.

If you're anything like MY mother, Kranki-Mom, you'd be shaking your head at me right now for ending the above sentence in a preposition, and if you are, please note that I am dumb, and Hangry, and must away now to eat some food before I kick my cat for peacefully sleeping on the couch at me (and looking so cute while he does it, just to annoy me).

* Look! I even spelt it your way! (My way would be "Mum", or - possibly - "Ho". Which is a description of my mother, not yours!)

ms fits said...

Bevis, I love that you're stalking Kranki-boy too. Remember though, I saw him first. I got dibs on the pen-pal/platonic life-partner thing. And I will be the first to drop some heavy shit on his ma if she steps up*.

*note incredibly young and 'now' lingo.

BEVIS said...

I'll flip you for him.

(I was going to challenge you to a game of Gay Chicken over him - or Gay Fabio, if you'd prefer - but somehow I don't think that'd work as well between a guy and a girl.)

Maybe someone should come up with a male/female equivalent of the Gay Chicken game?!

BEVIS said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.