Sunday, August 29, 2004

Sunsets, Squirrels, Eurotrash Dreams and Spiders

I stayed up until 6:30 in the morning last night and then began to fall asleep on the couch while resting my head on my dogs back while he watched a squirrel go about his early morning activities. My last thought as I drifted off to sleep at sunrise was that a squirrel has so much free time. He doesn't have to shower, or brush his teeth, or check his email, shave, go to work. Then I realized that I had better get up and brush my teeth because all I had done was check my email and scavenge for food. I brushed and returned to my dog pillow and I was out cold. Penny woke me at some point in the late morning. She asked me why I was sleeping on the couch and I think in my drowsy state I told her that I want to be a squirrel. Then as she lead me to bed I told her about my dream in which she and I were in a bar/club type place and two sweaty Euro-trash shirtless guys forcibly cornered her into a side room and the bouncer pulled me away. Now I can't believe that it's already late afternoon here and I'm watching through the glass as a spider sucks the innards out of a bee. Taking my cue from the animal kingdom I shall go find something to drink as well. I wonder where the hell my wife is.

1 comment:

BEVIS said...

I loved this post!! Very amusing!

Sorry to use three exclamation marks (or 'points') in only two sentences, but I'm a little delirious myself. I stayed home from work today (it's currently 3:15pm Monday in my part of the world), in part due to the fact that I was up for most of the night checking my email and adding comments to Ms Fits' and Kranki-Pants' blog sites!

So I empathise entirely. Plus, I don't know where my wife is, either.