Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Modern Indian Names

Hey. Sometimes a good bitch session can go a long way towards making you feel better. Especially when you cryptically fault find your friends on a semi-public forum and a bunch of them contact you to apologize for not writing you back sooner. Others will pretend that they never read the post and have "mysteriously" begun to revert back to they way they used to act towards you. So the expression about the squeaky wheel getting the oil has rung true. Although in this case ?whining and pouting like a sour-faced wuss baby? is more accurate than ?squeaky.?

I suppose that it?s all forgiven because I tell you up front that these are the chronicles of a cranky boy. Man, those two words look weird spelled with the letter ?c? and not a ?k.? Crap. Is the period supposed to go inside the quotes or outside? Somebody clear that up for me please. I don?t really know how to punctuate. It comes from so many years typing sitcom dialogue where you write it how you want it said. That?s why I am constantly using the?. you know? ellipse or as we shitcom writers like to call it the ?dot dot dot?.

Where was I? Oh yes, I was going to say that more people should be honest and upfront about themselves, embrace who they are and stop pretending to be something that they?re not. In fact we should all have more appropriate names that tell something more about us. Like Indian names do. They give you a sense of what the person is like.

If you are going to select somebody for the tribal council you are more likely to choose "Stone Tree" than "Runs from Thunder." Now go with me on this for a second. Wouldn?t it be better to have a name that means something. Instead of boring Doug Johnson you would have "Good with a Hammer." That tells me a fuck-load more than some bland-ass name that six-thousand other people have. Instead of Jennifer Andrews you?d have "Fiery Temper." Then Jennifer can feel free to be the royal bitch that the great spirit made her to be. With Modern Indian names you'd know what you should expect if you were to marry a man named "Humps Anything That Moves." Only "Couldn?t Care Less Cause She Just Married for the Money" or "Oblivious Whore" should consider dating him.

Happy marriages would also be easier to arrange. "Reads Many Books" wouldn?t end up married to Loves Professional Wrestling or Sits in the Dark and Drinks Whiskey, she?d be better off in a relationship with Always Playing Scrabble or Mad About Motzart.

Adjusts his Crotch in Public would know that Never Wears a Bra is the right girl for him. Avid Sex Toy User and Enjoys a Good Spanking would live happily ever after.

In fact, you would know that Complete Fucking Narcissist and It?s All About Me are probably going to forget your birthday again this year unless Loves Her Palm Pilot calls to remind them.

Drinks Like a Fish and Talks About Tits could be fun guys to hang out with, but you wouldn?t invite them to any important Thanksgiving meals with the family.

So you know my Modern Indian Name would be Cranky Like a Boy.

Give it up. What?s your Modern Indian Name? And if you have to tell us why it?s a good name for you? then it?s probably not a very good name.

Here are some more inspirational Modern Indian Names.

Prefers Plants to People
Takes it in the Ass
Lies About her Age
Big Fan of Hitler
Addicted to Semen

17 comments:

Fluffy said...

Eats standing up.

No sexual allusion I'm afraid. I just like to graze.

Anonymous said...

I-Think-You're Nice But-So Fucking Insecure

...it would save people the hassle of needing to work out polite ways of telling me the obvious

BEVIS said...

The 'period' (or 'full stop' to non-Americans) goes inside the inverted commas. It feels (and sometimes looks) strange, but it's true.

I'm glad I could help you out for once, rather than just being juvenile and potty-mouthed as usual.

BEVIS

BEVIS said...

Oh, I nearly forgot ...

Obsessed With Bosoms

aka BEVIS

Jellyfish said...

Oh, I love this post.

I'm going to go with Bites Her Fingernails, because it's indicative of so much else, really.

Wishes She Was Taller is also appealing, and have you met my twin sisters Wishes She Was Thinner and Wishes She Was Prettier?

Can Make Babies Laugh. Aw. That's a nicer one, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Baby Maker

Sponky said...

I think mine would have to be "Couldn't Care Less About Stuff."

Freelancer said...

Young Bitch Fileld With Cum

BEVIS said...

Hmm, the name I gave in my earlier comment wasn't very surprising, so I've decided to come up with a few alternatives. Kranki, which is your favourite? (Knowing me like you do.)

Elusive Online Personality
Knows Every Crazy Little Thing About The Muppets (Go On, Try Him!)
Disappointing In Bed
Foams At The Mouth When Laughing
Comes And Goes As He Pleases
Born In A Tent
No Clue About Finances
Understands Women
Corrects Other Peoples' Punctuation
Emotionally Scarred By Bullying In High School
Overly Verbose

Pick your fave. (Gee, I should really start up a new blog for myself if I'm going to put so much into a comment on your site - sorry dude!)

In fact - dammit - I'm going to go and start up a new blog site now.

BEVIS

Freelancer said...

Eh, heh heh heh....

Ah yes. But really... uh...

Too Easily Distracted.

(Hey! What's that over th....)

Anonymous said...

Wow, I missed a lot. I got a new computer and I've been trying to reclaim my bookmarks.

Names:

Smokes Like Chimney
Stays Indoors on Nice Days
Needs New Job Soon

This is making me depressed. Kranki even.

KIT!

kranki said...

hi angela in nyc:

It could be worse. Your Modern Indian Name could be

Looking For A Non-Scabbed Vein To Shoot Heroin Into.

or

He Only Beats Me Cuz He Loves Me.

You've Got What I Need... said...

Why Not?

[not a real question. It'd be my Native American/Indigenous Peoples name]

I think it suits me, somehow.

BEVIS said...

You don't have to answer my above question now - I've created my own blogsite (which will be updated), so I'll post it there instead, as its own post.

Hope to see ya there soon!

BEVIS

Anonymous said...

America's Next Top Models are commenting on blogs now. I swear I've been doing this too long already.

Impatient with lesser mortals.

la nadine said...

would usually prefer to be elsewhere.

p.s. dude, i was just listening to the cowboy junkies and splashing about (as you know i do), and i thought about writing a post about inventing one's own Indian name.

we are so cosmic twins of destiny right now, gorgeous boy.

Anonymous said...

suggest a name with the word Dh orBh