Saturday, July 03, 2004

When life hands you lemons... Dine and Dash!

Remember those Save the Children commercials that were constantly on TV in the 80's and 90's that told you "FOr just 72 cents a day you can change a child's life for the better. 72 cents! the price of a cup of coffee." Well for the price of our dinner for ten we could have put half the kids in Zaire through college.

Sweet drunken baby Jesus! Christ! Why should one mojito and one glass of wine cost 22 dollars?! I can have a man killed in Hong Kong for less than that. So I've heard. We were having a lovely time and the food was okay, nothing to blog about, but when the bill came and those drinks were added up at 11 bucks a pop... It was such a wanna be cool spot. Even the name of the place is pretentious Akwa an alternate spelling for Aqua. The only interesting thing about the place is that they have a tank full of clear pink jellyfish or if you're up on your marine terminology they're now called Sea Jellies. I know because several five year olds told me that last summer. Oh, and Star fish are now called Sea Stars. Use this knowledge to dazzle your next date. Just don't take her to Akwa unless you plan to dine and dash.

The next time I go out with Penny and her gang, I'm sure we'll go cheap. It was a rollicking good time up until we got our bill. I didn't even want to look at it. I was afraid that it would be more than we pay each month for rent.

We were so offended by the uber expensive drink prices that we seriously considered dining and ditching. Actually, I liked Penny's suggestion that we tell them that "We didn't know that drinks would be so expensive, and we don't have the money to cover the check so can we please do dishes?" Maybe I'll just stop paying for alcohol at bars and restaurants. Now if I could find a way to get around valet parking prices I might be able to save some money. The time share helicopter plan wasn't the cost effective gem I'd hoped it would be. But not to worry! Soon, I'll be a fully-credentialled school teacher and money will be flowing in like an untamed tsunami.

My favorite random quote of the night was when Fred composed himself and bravely admitted to all of us "It's true, I have sandwich problems."

Don't worry, we'll get you help Fred. Recognizing that you have a sandwich problem is the first step on the road to recovery. I'm proud of you, you little freak.
_______________________________________________________


No comments: