Saturday, May 28, 2005

Boxing

I never had any interest in the sport of Boxing when I was younger. It wasn't until I met my wife who likes to watch boxing that I was drawn into the brutal art form. It is basically primal but there are skills and abilities that you grown to appreciate. There are people who collect stamps for fun so you really shouldn't give me a hard time just because I have developed an appreciation for the fights.

Today I saw Julio Caesar Chavez in his last professional fight. Emily brought me along with her and we got to sit in a luxury box at the staples center. Seeing a 42 year-old man box for ten full rounds, really emphasizes how truly out of shape I have become. They also scraped the bottom of the barrel to find an opponent for his son who is also now a boxer. It was a scrawny, bald white guy from Indiana who looked like the flamboyant waiter who works at that restaurant near your house. No, not that place, the other one with the good desserts. Anyhow Chavez Jr. knocked the bum out in 42 seconds.

From Boxing News site
Jr welterweight Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (19-0, 14 KOs) needed just 42 seconds to annihilate Adam Wynant (9-4-1, 3 KOs) who was eyeing the canvas for a comfortable place to fall from the opening bell.

I will put a link to a picture of Chavez junior so you can marvel at the fact that he looks like Ralph Machio from the Karate Kid. I was expecting to see Mr. Myagi in his corner. Honestly, he looks like he is 12 years-old.

I don't have all that much more to share right now. I would like to say that I am very happy to have so many people reading my site again, I don't know why that brings me satisfaction, but it does. So, thanks for reading, tell a friend and I will endeavor to put up some entertaining posts on a regular basis.

I guess it just feels nice to be appreciated. Also all those people I met at the orgy have probably started checking out my blog. And since that is the case, lemme just take this opportunity to apologize for burning Randy's scrotum with that hot coffee. I was just offering it to be friendly. You had been working hard to be a great host and you really looked like you needed a caffeine boost. I didn't see the "spill" on the marble floor and... well I can't stress how sorry I am.

4 comments:

Jellyfish said...

Woo hoo. I started boxing training a few months ago in an effort to become less lazy. I have no patience with pursuits like yoga, or even basic gym activities, which require me to motivate myself to complete them. Boxing seemed perfect because the motivation to carry it out is the fact that THERE'S A GUY SWINGING HIS ARMS AT MY HEAD, and if I don't duck and weave like a mofo I'm going to get smashed in the face.

I absolutely love it. I have become so enthralled with the sport that I even get my friend to tape the fights off her cable for me. It doesn't bother me too much that I am rubbish and not even remotely hardcore (cos I am 5ft 2in and spent my first 16 years of life trining to be a balllerina. Prance!)

The professional fights are amazing. It's like they're trying to simultaneously hug each other and knock each others ears through to the opposite sides of their heads. Madness.

kranki said...

Hi Becka:

Yeah, the comments have been kinds sparse. I will strain my brain for a blog ratings boost that may create some sweet blog buzz.

My template is like a tempermental remothe control sometimes it works and sometimes it don't.

Jellyfish said...

Don't worry, I'll never be cool and I wouldn't have it any other way :) Sorry!

Anonymous said...

I love Chavez! I try to watch all his kid's fights too. Did you see Omar fight there? No one else said anything about him.