Monday, October 12, 2009

October Madness
















October in San Francisco is a perpetual blur of costumed madness and parties. Sounds awful, doesn't it? As an extropervert* it's just about my favorite times of the year. You can tell how much fun I'm having by how eggregiously messy my room is. Some of the fun events include. Lovefest, Hardly Strictly Bluegrass, Halloween Critical Mass, Folsom Street Fair (if you're into gay men having sex in public), Castro Street Fair, Octoberfest and today's Decompression. I met so many people from the slew of people I've crossed paths and rus shoulders (etc) with since I moved to this strange city. On top of the October festivities there are at least half a dozen people throwing birthday bashes this month. Here are a few photos of the day. I'll put a few more up on Flickr tomorrow. It felt good to get the camera out again and see that I haven't gotten too rusty.
I didn't realize it but these shots all have a couple theme to them.



Now I just need to come up with a costume idea for Halloween. No ideas are leaping out and French kissing my brain yet.





* only compared to truly boring people















6 comments:

travelingseth said...

Thanks for leaving in the love trail pic.

elaine said...

"October in San Francisco is a perpetual blur of costumed madness and parties. Sounds awful, doesn't it?"

actually, that sounds like December. Except all the parties in December have a Christmas/oh shit we have to nod to the other religions so we'll tag festive season onto our invitations theme.

kranki said...

Well, travelingseth, that wasn't the one that we thought was embarrassing but I'm glad it did the job. I have no idea who those people are actually. Just some random couple I met at Decompression.

kranki said...

At the street festival thing there were about a dozen people in different kinds of space suits very similar to the one I would have asked you to design, so I'm glad I didn't go with that idea. It would still be fun to have something custom made but I have no ideas so I'll think on it for next year since Halloween is almost here.

I don't find myself going to many parties in December. I don't even know what I'm going to do to celebrate Jesus' birthday this year. He's so hard to shop for.

gunner recall said...

I have no hallowe'en costume ideas yet either...we should brainstorm...

ruuuth said...

thanks for words of wisdom. so unashamedly freaking because you reguarly commuincate with my aforementioned lesbian crush. it might have just made my day